BonFire Books - Teen Advisory Council

Online Discussion Group

Click to visit the official Blue Gender Site!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Fun Idea For The Group

Alright, I heard about this from my mom, who heard about this from the radio. This was a story on NPR (National Public Radio), and it's about how adding Mentos mints to a 2-liter bottle of Diet Coke makes the soda explode like ten feet in the air. The whole story from the radio, and the video that goes with it, can be found here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5341058

I just thought that this was the perfect thing for teenagers. It's exploding things, but it doesn't injure anyone, and isn't illegal. It's also science, because it deals with the carbon monoxide in the soda. Check out the story, and maybe we can talk about doing this at a meeting. Have a good Easter weekend, everyone! ~Celia

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    The possible mess would be a big problem, since you're wanting to do this at the library, but if it wasn't for that I'd be all for it. I figured that stuff out in about third grade (on accident) and it wsa a blast. The only difference is that we added like 20 sweet tarts to a single can of pepsi. lol. It was soooooo funny!!!!! We had pepsi exploding ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! (This took place in my cafeteria, by the way) It was awesome!

    ~Dani

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Celia said…

    But I was thinking doing it outside, like by the church down the street. If we can think of a better place, I think it'd be awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home