BonFire Books - Teen Advisory Council

Online Discussion Group

Click to visit the official Blue Gender Site!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Balefire: Cate Tiernan



Just finished Balefire #2 last night 6:11 pm. Aisling and I were racing to be the first done. Childish? Who cares. Aisling came by and was around pg 90. I left work and picked up where i left off at pg 180. Hmmm. Haven't talked to Aisling yet but I'm pretty sure I won. Anyway about the books:

Due to both the popularity of Sweep and Tiernan's authoritative control of the wiccan-fantasy subgenre, her new series Balefire similarly revolves around more powerful kick-ass female witches battling against aggressive unseen forces. Twins Thais and Chloe don't know of each other's existence. Both have inherited their mother's birthmark and are strikingly similar in appearance, though thier personalities are quite different.

Thais (my fav of the two) is a responsible law-abiding youth while Chloe is most fashionable and does not bat an eye to take a risk. Due to extraordinary circumstances and a little magick, the twins are thrown together which causes a catalyst for dark magick in the hot city of New Orleans.

November 3: Balefire #3 A Feather of Stone
Have you read any of Cate's books?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Celia said…

    i still have the ARC that you gave me for 'a chalice of wind.' i havent read much of it though. i like the sweep series too much to try a different story line by her. but thats just me.

    what are we doing with the page contest? who won that?

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Aisling said…

    I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE THIRD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is takeing FOREVER for her to write the next 2. I LOVED the first 2 and I have read almost all if not all of her other books. Her books are sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home